Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches
From the Alli Cookbook
- 12 Ounces shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 Apple cut into small pieces (approximately 1 cup chopped)
- 3 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1/4 Cup chopped scallions
- 1 Tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mango chutney
- 1/4 tsp Curry Powder
- 8 Slices Whole Grain Bread
In a large bowl combine chicken, apple, walnuts, green onion, mayonnaise, yogurt, chutney, and curry powder. Evenly divide among 4 slices of bread, and top with remaining bread slices.
358 calories, 12g fat, 50g carbohydrate, 23g protein
Macaroni & Cheese with a Crusty Crunch
Now Eat This by Rocco DiSpirito
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 Ounces whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 Large vidalia onion, roughly chopped
- 9 Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 tsp Dry mustard
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 Cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 Cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Combine the onion, garlic, and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender and blend until it is completely smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook according to the package directions, 7 to 9 minutes; drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, bring 1/2 Cup of the onion-garlic puree made in the blender, dry mustard, and cayenne to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. Whisk in the cheddar until it has melted. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the yogurt.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cooked macaroni with the cheese sauce to coat thoroughly. Season with salt to taste. Pour the macaroni into the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle the panko over the top. Top with the parmigiano-reggiano.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the macaroni is hot throughout, about 10 minutes.
227 calories, 6.5g fat, 29g carbohydrates, 16g protein
Low-Fat Chocolate Brownies
Found at Spark Recipes
- 14 Ounce fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 Cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Egg whites
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a microwave safe bowl mix cocoa powder, milk, and chips. Cook in the microwave until the chips are melted, about 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into the prepared dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to fully cool before cutting.
108 calories, 2.3g fat, 6.6g carbohydrates, 1.6g protein
Hope you enjoy some of these favorites, and let me know if you all would like me to share more recipes as I find them. Although I love to cook, I know not everyone does, so give me some feedback about whether or not you'd like to see more of these types of posts. Till next time! =)