Monday, June 6, 2011

Preperations

Today I did my last BIG run before my 5K on Saturday.  5 miles, in 1 hour!  Okay first of all I know a lot of people might be thinking, "5 miles isn't that long of a run", and "really she has to pump herself up for a 5K?"  Well I have two answers for you, first while 5 miles may not be that far for you, for me it's currently my furthest limit.  I can't seem to break past it, I get too worn out.  So for me 5 miles is my long run since I normally only do 3.5.  Second, yes I really do have to pump myself up for a 5K.  For those of you who don't know me personally, this is a big deal for me.  I've lost 25 pounds, changed my diet, and outlook on life, and I have to battle myself daily to get anything done.  Since I have to pump myself up for what many people think are the little things in life, I'm of course going to have to pump myself up to do something as big as running a 5K, not to mention my FIRST 5K!  I'm a little scared, a lot anxious, and quite excited, but I have to keep all those emotions in check until after the race, if I let them run around now who knows if I'll get to the finish line!


So Saturday will not be about time, or distance, it will just be about finishing and taking that first step to accomplishing more of my dreams.  As I do more races my focus will change, but for this one, I just want to know the experience.  So this week I'll be taking it a little easy, I'll still be walking, and riding the bike, but I'm not going to push myself like I did today, I'll do that again on Saturday morning.  The funny thing is, that the thing I'm looking forward too the most with this race is not so much running it, but the carb loading the night before, lol.  So family look out, I want pasta Friday night!  =)

PS - Hopefully someone from my family, or a friend, will go with me so that they can take some pictures for me to share!  =)

1 comment: