Friday, June 3, 2011

Better, but Still Not Great

I have three things to tell you about today, I'm gonna be short, sweet, and to the point.  First, I'm running again.  Yesterday and today I got my butt over to the gym and ran on the elliptical.  Yay!!!  So it's not easy, and I still am at a point with it where I just want to stop after ten minutes, but I'm doing it, and I know it will get easier again if I keep going.

Second, I registered for my first 5K!!!!!!  On June 11th in Lexington, Kentucky I will be running my first 3.1 miles in a race!!!  I'm so excited, and scared at the same time!  After my slip I feel like I might not be ready, but I also know that I don't think I'm ever going to feel ready.  I just have to do the first one, and I'll be happy if I can just cross the finish line.  I'm not going to worry about times, or pacing, this first one is going to just be to do it!  Hopefully some friends and family are going to go with me to cheer me on, so I imagine there will be pictures!

Finally I'm sure you've noticed some changes on the blog.  I added many of my favorite quotes to the sidebar.  Sometimes something as simple as a few words can make you feel better when you're feeling down.  So since I was feeling down I put these up here, not only to remind me, but to hopefully encourage you as well.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment