Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sluggish

I admit it, I'm slowing down.  It's almost been a month since I began this journey, and although I have been really happy with the results so far, I'm beginning to slow down.  I know this is not a sprint but a marathon and after you give it all you got out of the gate, you have to set a pace for yourself so you can make it to the finish.  Maybe I'm just trying to find my pace.

I'm doing really well with my diet.  I have added so many fresh foods, and grains to my diet that I really enjoy.  I'm also learning to create my own meals that are balanced and low in calories and fat.  With the exception of missing chocolate (darn you Easter Bunny and your temptations!), and occasionally missing the mark on how much a portion really is I am maintaining.  With the exception of one day where I miss calculated due to being confused on a portion size, I have remained under 2,000 calories a day.  I've also been staying at or under my 60 grams of fat a day.  So my diet seems to have really improved over the past 3 weeks.  I've also been really happy that I've felt satisfied, I don't feel like I am starving myself, and I know that I am receiving more vitamins and nutrients from my food than I used to.


Exercise is another story though.  Ever since I got back from my trip home I have lost a lot of my motivation to be active.  To be honest although I have taken a few walks since I returned, that's all I've done.  I've created excuses I'm telling myself like how I have a lot of work to do with school right now, the weather has gotten too cold to go out, and how I'm doing other things like trying to get my house in order so I feel better about things, but they are excuses.  The truth is that I am falling into a routine I always hit, although I may change one aspect of my life I begin to ignore other aspects.  It's almost like I can only focus on one thing at a time and have tunnel vision.  I really want to change this, I feel like I am barely hanging on to the edge of the wagon about to fall off, when really all I want to pull myself back on somehow.  I'm going to push thru somehow though, I'm going to try and motivate myself again to get back into the exercise part of this plan, because I need both the diet and exercise to succeed.

This week hasn't turned out to be the best which is why this is the first post for it.  I didn't feel like I was doing really great so I really didn't have much to post about it.  I'll try to be better about that though, I don't want this to be just a "good times" only blog where I tell you how I have amazingly just taken to everything, lost weight, and did great.  I know I'm going to struggle, you know I'm going to struggle, so why try and hide that from you?  So today is just another day, and I'm going to force myself to go for a walk this afternoon, even though it's 25 degrees outside (so much for an early Spring!).  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment