Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Stress...Day 124

Not that it comes as surprise to anyone who knows what's going on in my life right now, but I am highly stressed right now.  I have so much going on in my life it's crazy!  I'm finishing my summer class, packing, trying to find a job/place to live, helping multiple friends through rough patches, trying to work out my financial situation, and trying to find some time for myself in there.  Needless to say I've been a little stressed out!

So I haven't been keeping up with things like I should have been.  Last week I think I ran one day.  I also know that my eating habits are slipping too.  I made a batch of muffins the other night for dinner...totally not a good plan.  Unfortunately this also means that when I weighed in on Sunday that I didn't have a loss.  I didn't have a gain which was good, but still seeing the same number staring back at me was a little disheartening.  I know I shouldn't expect a loss when I know that I haven't been doing the things to get me a loss, but still every time I get on that scale I want to see a lower number.  I fear that if I can just maintain for the next few weeks I'll be doing well.  There are some big changes happening for me right now, and although I know that they are good changes for many different reasons, they are going to be difficult to adjust with.

I've said from the beginning that this journey has always been about more than just weight loss.  That's still true, and although I talk about weight a lot on here, I also try and talk about my feelings as well.  My last post was about happiness.  It was very true, I do feel like I am finding my happiness and that is an incredible thing.  There are times though that I still slip back a little and have down days.  Everyone has them, just a plain old bad day.  The good thing about that is that they remind you just how amazing the happy days are.  It's also been good that the bad days are not nearly as bad as they used to be.  Although I'm stressed right now, and I'm a little overwhelmed with everything, I'm not nearly as worked up and in a state as I would have been just a few months ago.  I feel like I am learning how to manage my stress, and rather than turning that stress into a negative and dwelling on it, I'm making it a positive and working through it.  This is a big step for me.

Regardless of how well I'm dealing with my stress, if you know of any jobs in educational psychology let me know please.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment